|PLEASE NOTE: If you are located outside the United States, please place your order for this product here.
Thoroughly researched and documented, Cash Box: The Invention and Globalization of the ATM guides you on a journey through the ancient origins of money to the sudden appearance of cash dispensers in the 1960s. The book unravels the machine’s invention story and reveals intriguing historical facts:
- How the PIN came to be
- Why IBM backed out of ATM manufacturing
- How MasterCard and Visa inadvertently doubled the ATM footprint they now seek to suppress
- How the machine has thrived despite massive regulation and fraud
- The story of the global ATM Industry Association
- Why so few non-cash ATM functions were accepted by consumers
- The truth about the cashless society
Whether you work in banking, research, cards, mobile, IT or any other aspect of the payment industry, Cash Box will round out your understanding of the global financial landscape and reacquaint you with the machine that brought cash to the masses.
(Price includes shipping and handling within the United States. For orders outside the U.S., please click here.)